Kiau Village, located some 90 km away from the bustling Kota Kinabalu City life, is a valley purified with its fresh air of jungle breeze and surrounded by the serenity of the majestic Mount Kinabalu standing tall and proud.
The Dusuns are the main tribe of Kiau, who are mostly Christians ever since the missionary was brought in during the British Colonial time. The villagers however still practice their traditional custom and speak their mother-tongue, which is the Dusun dialect.
KOTA KINABALU – KAMPUNG KIAU – JUNGLE TREK – CAMPING
Meet at your hotel lobby in Kota Kinabalu and depart to Kampung Kiau (Kiau Village). Pit stop at nabalu town for a photostop. Witness panoramic sight of Mount Kinabalu and enjoy a stroll along local handicraft market.
Continue journey to Kampung Kiau, upon arrival, check in to our resthouse. Welcome refreshment will be served followed by a short briefing about the village and jungle activities. Get ready to depart for jungle trekking. It takes about 2 hours to reach the base camp site depending on your speed.
Along the way, you will learn about survival skills which include setting animal traps and identifying edible and medicinal plants. After lunch, continue trekking to learn survival skills in jungle. Return back to camp site, freshen up at nearby river or have a shower. Dinner and campfire.
Thereafter, proceed for night trail to spot nocturnal animals. You may even get a chance to let your taste bud run wild – BBQ a wild caught food for your supper tonight.
KAMPUNG KIAU – KOTA KINABALU
After your breakfast, proceed for a short jungle trail. Learn how to make camps out of palm rattan, banana & bamboo trees. Continue to learn how to find food in the wild.
After lunch, start trekking out of camp site and back to Kampung Kiau.
Enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way. It is time to say goodbye to your local host as you board our transportation back to Kota Kinabalu & bring unforgettable memories back to your country.
~ END OF TOUR ~
|2 – 3||MYR 1,075|
|4 – 10||MYR 975|
|11 – 15||MYR 930|
|16 & above||MYR 845|
Meals : 01 Breakfast, 02 Lunches & 01 Dinner
Includes : Hotel Pickup & Drop off, Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), Meals as Stated, 01 Night Accommodation in Outdoor Sleeping Tents, Cooking Pots, Stoves & Fuel, Permits & Fees, Local Host, English Speaking Guide & Drinking Water
Accommodation : Outdoor Tent
Excludes : Porters (to carry personal belongings), Personal Expenses, Any Items Not Mentioned
Recommended Trekking Attire : T-shirt, Trekking Pants, Comfortable Trekking Shoes/Boots, Leech Socks
Suggested Things To Bring : Warm Jacket, Warm Hat, Extra socks, Change of Clothes, Waterproof Backpack, Raincoat, Torchlight, Insect, Repellant, Person First Aid Kit, Personal Medication, Walking stick, Hand Protection Gloves
Things You Should Know:
- You must have a moderate level of fitness for this tour as you are required to be outdoors the entire time and be prepared to trek for up to 2-3 hours
- The camp is very basic and you must be prepared to rough it out. However your meals will be well-taken care of.
- You must be prepared to get wet while trekking as you will need to cross a river and hanging bridge.
- You have to carry your own personal belongings and water.
- At night the jungle temperature can drop to around 12-15°C (54-59°F). Please bring along enough warm clothing.
- The tour can be done throughout the whole year. That being said, dry season is usually between March to October.
- The itinerary of the tour is subject to changes due to weather conditions and unforeseen circumstances.